This tutorial shows you how to set up Microsoft Outlook 2003® to work with your e-mail account. This tutorial focuses on setting up Microsoft Outlook 2003, but these settings are similar in other versions of Microsoft Outlook. You can set up previous versions of Microsoft Outlook by using the settings in this tutorial.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account in Microsoft Outlook
1. In Microsoft Outlook, from the E-mail Accounts menu, select Tools.
2. On the E-mail Accounts wizard window, select Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
3. For your server type, select POP3 or IMAP, and then click Next.
4. On the Internet E-mail Settings (POP3/IMAP) window, enter your information as follows:
- Your Name
- Your first and last name.
- E-mail Address
- Your email address.
- User Name
- Your email address, again.
- Your email account password.
- Incoming mail server (POP3)
- POP, Pop.xxxxxxxxxx.com or IMAP, imap.xxxxxxxxxx.com (xxx is your website url)
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
Click More Settings.
5. On the Internet E-mail Settings window, go to the Outgoing Server tab.
6. Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
8. Go to the Advanced tab, and then change the Outgoing server (SMTP) port to 465
9. Check the check box “This server requires and encrypted connection” and select “SSL”
10. Click OK.
11. Click Next.
12. Click Finish.